Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Auxiliary Tow Truck Driver – On-Call
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
$30.83 per hour + 12% in lieu of all benefits (2019 rates)
The City of New Westminster is seeking a keen and experienced individual to be a part of our Engineering Operations department to safely and efficiently operate and maintain a tow truck while moving vehicles from accident sites, illegally parked locations, ICBC and other sites. Other duties for this position include assisting and responding to vehicle owners reclaiming vehicles from storage facilities; responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for assistance; responding to and investigating after-hour calls for Engineering Operations, which includes Water, Sewer, Roads and Parks; submitting electronic data, collecting fees, and preparing records and reports.
If the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- Grade 12 graduation preferred, with considerable experience and knowledge in the operation of a tow truck and related equipment.
- Considerable health and safety knowledge regarding the safe operation of towing equipment to avoid accidents while increasing and maintaining efficiency.
- Sound knowledge to recover damaged vehicles involved in motor vehicle accidents and to recover vehicles from highway locations.
- Exceptional customer service skills in effectively dealing with employees, police personnel, customers, and other internal and external contacts.
- Ability to perform record keeping duties, data entry, and receive and deposit cash receipts.
- Ability to be detail orientated and conscientious about work quality.
- Ability to perform effective pre and post trip inspections and to perform minor automotive and equipment maintenance tasks.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships within a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform the physically demanding duties related to the position.
- Ability to work varied shifts as required (days, evenings and weekends).
- Willingness to learn and apply operational understanding for Water, Sewer and Roads complaints.
- Willingness to work outdoors in any and all weather conditions.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Successful candidates will be required to pass and maintain a Police Information Check.
*The successful candidate will be available to work up to 40 hours per week, which will include weekends, statutory holidays and shift work, for a duration of up to 10 months, however, work terms may be adjusted due to seasonal and operational requirements.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #21-21, by February 16, 2021, to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527-4619 or e- mail to email@example.com
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
View Original Source Source