Requisition ID: 25924
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
This position is responsible for maintaining, operating, troubleshooting and repairing physical plant equipment and related systems used in the operations of our facilities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate inspects components, checks gauges and monitors fluid levels; maintains, repairs and/or replaces filters, pulleys and belts; replaces gaskets, pumps and bearings; refits and packs valves; tests and adds chemicals to systems; oils, greases and cleans components; makes set point adjustments to physical plant equipment and related systems; conducts operational tests to ensure optimal equipment performance; and other related duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus technical courses related to the work, and sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Fourth Class Power Engineering Certificate with sound related experience in HVAC equipment maintenance including testing, operation and servicing of electronic, pneumatic and computerized direct digital control systems as well as proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of building and/or equipment systems and of the regulations governing operations.
- Ability to operate and adjust equipment and automated control systems, make repairs and replace components.
- Ability to prepare non-complex records and to maintain an inventory of parts and supplies.
- Skill in the care and use of tools and testing equipment.
- Good working knowledge of DDC, Windows and MS office is an asset. Knowledge of Worksafe BC indoor air quality and safety regulations is an asset.
Drivers License and Record Checks:
- A valid B.C. driver’s license is required. The license must not include any restrictions that would affect the ability to legally and safely carry out job responsibilities. Transportation arrangements must meet the operational requirements of the department.
- A Police Record Check is a requirement of this position. A Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
Business Unit/Department: Real Estate & Facilities Mgmt (1100)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: March, 2021
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-019: $29.74 to $34.98 per hour
Application Close: February 5, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, including Indigenous applicants, all genders, nationalities and persons with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
View Original Source Source