Job order – J0221-0498 – Auxiliary
The Port Moody Public Library is seeking two creative and energetic Auxiliary Librarians with a passion for customer service. Reporting to the Digital & Information Services Coordinator, the position provides reader’s advisory, reference and tech help services for all ages.
Duties and responsibilities may include: working at the library’s information (reference) desk; providing one on one instruction; assisting with programs; collection merchandizing, maintenance and development; and special project work. Applicants with interest or expertise in providing youth services may also undertake children’s programs such as storytime and class visits.
Auxiliary librarians work on an on-call and as-needed basis. The position may be offered shifts from Monday to Sunday, including evenings and holidays. Applicants who only have limited availability may not be considered.
Please note that employment with the Port Moody Public Library is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory criminal records search.
- Master’s degree in Library & Information Science (MLIS/MLS) from an ALA accredited program.
- Two years of job related experience, including experience working in a public library setting providing reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Knowledge of public library collections in all formats. Familiarity with collection development principles.
- Knowledge of library information technology as it applies to public libraries in general.
- Ability to instruct/assist the public with using a variety of computer applications and devices (e.g. computers, laptops, tablets), and with accessing library resources such as eBooks.
- Ability to provide training in one-on-one and group settings.
- Ability to plan and present library programs for various age groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to deal with challenging patrons.
- Ability to manage projects and to handle multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member and to work collaboratively with others to improve services in a dynamic, collegial team environment.
Ability to provide training in one-on-one and group settings
View Original Source Source