School District No. 37 (Delta)
School District No. 37 (Delta)
Assistant Secretary Treasurer
Delta School District acknowledges that we learn and work on the traditional territory of the Tsawwassen and Musqueam First Nations and all of the Coast Salish Peoples who have been stewards of this land since time immemorial
Delta is a leading district for innovative teaching and learner success. The District’s 31 schools which are located in Ladner, North Delta, and Tsawwassen, nurture caring relationships, connections and a sense of belonging to our local and global communities. The District’s mission is to enable all learners to succeed and contribute their full potential to the future. We value Caring, Respect, Responsibility, Community and Excellence.
Delta School District is seeking an Assistant Secretary Treasurer to join a professional and collaborative Finance and Management Services Team. Reporting to the Secretary Treasurer, and as a member of the District Executive Leadership Team, this role leads the Financial Services and Procurement teams and provides day to day financial management and analysis of the district through oversight in areas including school and departmental finance, capital projects and procurement, and by facilitating budget processes, reporting, and implementing and maintaining appropriate internal controls and best practices for a District Operating Budget of $163 million. With the Secretary Treasurer, the Assistant Secretary supports diverse functions including treasury, planning, risk management, training and communications, including presentations to stakeholders. While finding opportunity for continuous improvement, the Assistant Secretary Treasurer ensures timely, accurate and consistent financial reporting that meets the needs and understanding of the partners in the district.
A positive and confident communicator, the Assistant Secretary Treasurer is fluent in the details and technical complexities of public sector finance and reporting, but is able to clearly communicate the meaning of the numbers and their related issues to diverse partners throughout the district. The Assistant Secretary Treasurer brings an outstanding sense of collaboration and customer service to the district leadership team, department managers, school administrators, admin staff and others, seeking creative solutions to complex issues.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Significant senior level experience in public sector accounting and finance, preferably in a multi- union, educational setting
- Strong positive leadership skills with a willingness to collaborate and contribute at all levels when required
- Ability to think and communicate at the strategic level
- A record of building and maintaining positive, collegial relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong high-level conceptual thinking, with the ability and willingness to work at a more detailed level when necessary
- A desire for innovation and continuous improvement Qualifications
- A relevant bachelor degree, or other business or management degree, plus a Chartered Professional Accountant designation
- 10 plus years post-designation accounting and finance experience, preferably in a public sector or educational setting
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, with the ability to program an asset
- Demonstrated positive experience leading a professional team
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, including writing formal reports, preparing business cases, and making presentations
Please visit https://bit.ly/39wJgvg for information on how to apply.
View Original Source Source