Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Assistant Program Coordinator – Youth Services
Parks and Recreation
Auxiliary approx. 6 months
NO. OF POSITIONS:
CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK:
21 hours M,W,F
$28.54 to $33.60 per hour (2019 rates)
+12% in lieu of all benefits
Our Parks and Recreation Department is seeking an energetic, dynamic, and organized Assistant Program Coordinator to join the Youth Service team. The position reports to and works in collaboration with the Youth Services Coordinator. The primary responsibilities will include: promoting and raising the profile of youth within the community, assessing youth needs and making recommendations, assisting in the planning, promotion, and implementation of community events, programs, and services that engage youth, supervision of front line workers, providing building supervision and operation support, establishing and maintaining effective communication and working relationships with community.
- Completion of a Certificate or diploma in Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Recreation, or a related field supplemented by proven practical experience in applied leadership, supervision, and youth engagement.
- Knowledge of the principals, practices, and objectives of youth work and community recreation.
- Experience in building supervision and security of public facilities.
- Ability to work with youth in developing wide-ranging opportunities that reflect the interests and needs of youth and community values.
- Demonstrates organizational and administrative skills with experience in staff and volunteer supervision.
- Demonstrates skill in event and program planning for youth.
- Possesses strong skills in conflict resolution and customer service.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with staff, youth, and community partners.
- Experience with promotion and working with budgets and reports.
- Ability to perform general office duties such as program registration and processing payments.
- Ability to work independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license. Class 4 BC driver’s license, High 5 and Serving it Right are an asset.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification.
- Proficiency in the use of various software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and registration software.
- The successful applicant must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule and a variety of shifts based on operational requirements.
- This assignment may be shortened or lengthened based on operational requirements
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-75, by November 11, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527 4619 or e- mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of New Westminster welcomes diversity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada
View Original Source Source