Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
Assistant Program Coordinator – Aquatics
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation
STATUS: Regular, Full Time
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours/week*
$59,566 to $70,127 annually (2019 rates) + comprehensive benefits package
Parks and Recreation is seeking an energetic, dynamic and organized individual experienced in building and staff supervision to join the Canada Games Pool team! Reporting to and working in collaboration with a Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Operation and security of a recreation facility on assigned shifts
- Supervising a team of Lifeguards and Instructors
- Supporting, providing leadership and instruction for various drop-in and registered programs.
- Participating and providing in-service training to staff.
- Enforcing rules, regulations and policies and consistently and tactfully deals with groups or individuals that fail to observe these.
- Administrative support, including program registration, processing payments, preparing and maintaining various records, staff scheduling, support staff coverage, reports and correspondence.
- Experience in managing first aids, emergencies, and chemical balances within the pool
- Supporting Program Coordinator tasks and backfilling as required.
- Experience managing and maintaining inventories and reports
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Completion of a two year post-secondary recreation program supplemented by recreational experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience deemed suitable by the employer may be considered.
- Completion of National Lifeguard Award, Water Safety Instructor Award, WHIMIS, Standard First Aid with CPR C, AED and Occupational Frist Aid Level 1.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of aquatics in community recreation.
- Demonstrates strong skills in program planning and implementation.
- Resolves public service complaints in accordance with the established procedures, and refers difficult or unusual situations to a Program Coordinator.
- Experience in building supervision and knowledge of assigned program area.
- Demonstrated organizational and ability to prioritize the work required.
- Strong conflict resolution and customer service abilities.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with staff, public and community partners.
- Experience with program promotion and assisting with monitoring budgets
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail when performing related administrative duties.
- Ability to work independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Proficiency in the use of various software applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Perfect Mind
- The successful applicant must be able to pass and maintain a clear Police Information Check.
*This position works a flexible schedule and non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends. Hours per week may be increased when operationally required.
Apply by sending your resume quoting competition #20-89, by November 27, 2020 to the Human Resources Department, City of New Westminster, 511 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC, V3L 1H9, Fax: (604)527 4619 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of New Westminster is committed to employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
View Original Source Source