City of Prince Rupert
Assistant Operations Manager
The City of Prince Rupert requires a dynamic leader to join our management team as an Assistant Operations Manager. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent must have a high degree of initiative, exceptional communication skills, and a proven ability to effectively manage people and projects relating to the construction, operation and maintenance of infrastructure in a municipal or related sector.
This role will provide the greatest satisfaction to a detail oriented individual who thrives in a multi‐ faceted environment, understands the complexities of Local Government and enjoys coaching, development and leading staff to reach their full potential.
As this is a visible position and requires considerable contact with the public, the successful candidate must be someone with demonstrated sound judgement and a high degree of tactfulness and diplomacy at all times in dealing with customer complaints and difficult situations. The incumbent must have a valid Class 5 BC Drivers Licence and the ability to obtain a RCMP Criminal Record Search including a Vulnerable Sector Check. This position is required to participate in rotational on‐call.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post‐secondary diploma in Civil Engineering Technology (CET), or Environmental Engineering Technology (EET) plus 2 years prior job related experience or a combination of training and experience in civil works may be considered;
- Public Works experience related to Utilities, Sanitation, Landfill, Trades, Fleet, Roads or Parks;
- Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) Certification as a Manager of Landfill Operations (MOLO) and/or Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) would be an asset;
- An ability to implement innovative techniques on the jobsite while ensuring operations are safe, efficient and cost effective;
- Proven leadership ability and supervisory experience in a unionized environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge in project management, construction, inspection of infrastructure and capital works projects along with sound fiscal responsibility;
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project coordination programs, standard design programs, knowledgeable in construction practices, reports and presentation skills;
- A strong management skill set to provide ongoing supervision and guidance to foster a team environment through coaching, evaluating and disciplining as required.
- Safety principles, practices and procedures, including related equipment and material.
This full time exempt position offers a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package. This is a challenging yet rewarding position and we offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and copies of relevant certifications and/or diplomas required for this position to:
Human Resources ‐ Operations Manager,
424 3rd Avenue West,
Prince Rupert, B.C. V8J 1L7
Application Deadline: February 26, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
View Original Source Source