Assistant Manager, Recreation Services
At the City of Abbotsford our people are our greatest asset. We offer a wide range of diverse, stimulating and rewarding career opportunities that support and recognize high levels of performance. In Abbotsford, we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We invite you to become part of a place that has strong corporate and organizational values, rewarding career paths, challenging opportunities, and an engaging and dynamic team to work with.
Be part of the story. Join our team today.
The City of Abbotsford has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Manager, Recreation Services to join our Parks, Recreation, and Culture team. Reporting to the Manager, Recreation Services, the Assistant Manager, Recreation Services will be responsible for leading the coordination, development and management of recreation programs and services.
In this key role, you will provide leadership to a team of recreation professionals focused on fitness, community recreation and arena programs and services. You will plan, direct, organize, and supervise the work of individual employees and work teams and lead the day-to-day operations of the Abbotsford Recreation Centre. You will provide expert advice on operations, standards and policies, operating budgets, equipment, and staff resources. The incumbent will serve as a key member of the City’s recreation management team; participating in overall short and long range planning. You will make key program and service recommendations, assisting with the implementation of Council’s strategic objectives. This role requires a highly efficient, with great attention to detail, self-starter who values a team environment and can manage a busy and interesting workload while providing excellent customer service.
As the ideal candidate you have:
- Completion of University Degree in Recreation/Leisure Management or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- A minimum of 3-5 years of progressive related experience in recreation, preferably in a municipal setting;
- Knowledge of recreation programs, leisure services and operations, including considerable knowledge of community recreation principles, practices and objectives;
- Significant experience in staff supervision, labour relations, workforce planning, and conflict resolution;
- Proven experience working with volunteer boards, community groups and partners; and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This exempt position offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. If you are looking for a position that will provide you with endless opportunities for growth and accelerated learning, apply now!
At the City of Abbotsford we work strongly to create a challenging yet rewarding environment for our employees to thrive. We offer ongoing personal and professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, please visit us online at www.abbotsford.ca/careers
Closing Date: November 30, 2020
View Original Source Source