Assistant Manager of Administrative Services
(Deputy Corporate Officer)
The qathet Regional District management and staff are dedicated individuals committed to providing our residents respected and reputable local government services. Our corporate Administrative Services Department is currently seeking a highly proficient and skilled senior administrative professional to serve as the Assistant Manager of Administrative Services.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Administrative Services, who also serves as the Regional District’s Corporate Officer as per the Local Government Act, the Assistant Manager of Administrative Services is an exempt position accountable for providing a broad range of senior and confidential administrative services. As a valued member of our Corporate Administrative Services team, our Assistant Manager of Administrative Services’ primary role is to support the Corporate Officer in ensuring corporate administration legislative requirements are met. Areas of focus include:
- Regional District Board Meeting Preparation and Administration
- Records Information Management (RIM) Program (Corporate Records Management)
- Bylaw Development and Administration
- Human Resource Support
- Corporate Policy Development and Administration
- Contract Administration
- Stakeholder and Public Relations
- Corporate Communications
If you demonstrate superior senior administrative professional skills with a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness, and a strong attention to detail and quality control practices – you may be a great fit for this role. To be successful within this position, you should be knowledgeable of the Local Government Act, Community Charter and parliamentary procedures. You should also demonstrate strong knowledge of records retention legislative requirements and Records Information Management (RIM) Program best practices. Our Assistant Manager of Administrative Services is also knowledgeable of communications best practices and privacy legislative requirements.
To help us achieve our mandate, our Assistant Manager of Administrative Services meets the following qualifications:
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Post-secondary education including certificate or diploma in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Local Government Administration
- Certificate in Local Government or Municipal Administration is desirable
- Minimum of five years’ experience required in a similar role with two years’ experience in a local government setting
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, and a high level of ability and proficiency in performing editorial services, minute taking, conducting research, and preparing reports and public education materials
- Demonstrates the critical importance of respecting and maintaining confidentiality as per legislative requirements, and in the best interest of the organization and those served
- Knowledge of Roberts’ Rules of Order and administering a local government Procedure Bylaw
- Experience assisting in administration of human resources services, ideally in an unionized environment
- Experience running or assisting a local government election is desirable
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, etc.)
- Thorough administrative, organizational, strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to lead, manage, coach, mentor and motivate staff to achieve optimal performance in a team environment
- Valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s Licence
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check
In addition to working within a positive and professional environment, the Regional District is a great community to live and play. The Regional District’s tranquil lakes, meandering coastlines, and diverse mountain ranges offer unforgettable year-round recreation opportunities. Our organization offers competitive wages and has an excellent benefits program. This employment opportunity is a full-time 35 hours per week exempt position. Hours of work are from Monday to Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
If you would like to apply your professional skills to help the Regional District achieve its vision, mission and goals, please send your cover letter and resume to our Manager of Administrative Services, Michelle Jones, no later than 4 pm, Monday, January 18, 2021.
Submit your cover letter and resume to:
Michelle Jones, Manager of Administrative Services 202 – 4675 Marine Avenue
Powell River, BC V8A 2L2
Phone: 604-485-2260 Fax: 604-485-2216
(Fax or email delivery is acceptable.
View Original Source Source