Assistant Fire Chief #252
Closing Date: January 25, 2021
An exciting and challenging opportunity exists for a Permanent, Full-Time Assistant Fire Chief with the City of Kamloops! Kamloops Fire Rescue is looking for a dynamic forward thinking leader that has a strong operational background in the fire service. This person is willing to lead and champion change and provide strong leadership in a diverse and exciting work environment. If this sounds like a fit for you – apply today!
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Assistant Chief is an integral member of the Kamloops Fire Rescue management team and works closely with all levels within the organization providing leadership, support and oversight to ensure the highest level of service to the City of Kamloops and compliance to applicable legislation and corporate policies. As a member of the Kamloops Fire Rescue management team, the Assistant Chief will be available for on-call work when scheduled, responsible to provide technical and managerial support and oversee various staff dependent on their portfolio of responsibility as assigned by the Fire Chief.
The incumbent will have strong interpersonal skill and a proven track record of success within a unionized environment and experience in the administration and the operations of a career or composite fire department.
Typical duties of this position include:
- Respond to emergent events as required to provide support and leadership as a member of the Kamloops Fire Rescue management team.
- Be available through mandatory standby for emergent, unplanned, unscheduled after hours callouts as per the existing rotational schedule.
- Provide managerial oversight and guidance to portfolios assigned by the Fire Chief.
- Leads, motivates, empowers and develops staff through engagement and encouragement and the setting of expectations and priorities.
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Completion of a recognized Fire Officer II program.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in the fire service, including three years supervisory experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and direct a multi-faceted work force in a dynamic working environment.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven experience in a command role.
- The ability to remain calm under duress.
- Ability to adequately respond within a thirty minute timeframe to emergency incidents when on call.
For new hires, and for those working in designated positions of trust, including those working directly with vulnerable persons, no formal offer of employment will be made until an applicant completes a police information check.
A comprehensive benefits package is included with this position.
Hours & Days of Work
Tuesday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Hours per Week
City of Kamloops -> Community and Protective Services -> Kamloops Fire Rescue
January 25, 2021
External job postings are open to everyone. We accept applications online only; be sure to carefully read the application instructions for each job you apply to.
We are an equal opportunity employer and thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that persons with disabilities who require assistance with the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (250) 828-3439.
View Original Source Source