North Valley Design + Construction is looking for a Designer/Draftsperson to join our team. Our business is located in the beautiful town of Smithers B.C. and service the entire Northwest region.
We are a team of development professionals consisting of engineering specialists, building designers/drafters, project managers, carpenters and skilled laborers. We plan projects with the ‘end in mind’ because we typically build what we design. By aligning our engineers and designers with our building crews, we close the gap between design and construction. We offer Construction Management rather than contracting and provide a true Design-Build process.
Brief Description of the Role:
The designer/drafter responsibilities include preparation of architectural designs and drawings and specifications, producing 3D renderings, calculating material and equipment requirements, and setting up production methods. If you have hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software, you are familiar with building processes and you are excited about furthering your skills and knowledge, you could be a great fit on our energetic team. We would ask you to:
• Produce building designs, drawings, renderings and specifications.
• Assist in the development of cost estimates, tender documents, and technical reports
• Maintain project document control and procedures
• Improve CAD standards for design and drafting
• Assist in the preparation of proposals
North Valley is a tight team where we support each other as we move projects from concept to completion. North Valley does not provide a ‘job’, we need you to join a culture. We support you in your career growth as you support the team.
• Proven work experience as an Designer and/or Draftsperson in a similar role;
• Hands-on experience with computer-aided design (CAD) software, ideally AutoCAD and/or REVIT
• Ability to produce 3D renderings
• Strong organization and time management skills
• A self-starting, results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
• Possess a willingness to continue learning
• Diploma in and/or Degree in architecture and/or engineering or considerable experience in the construction design/engineering industry
Apply by email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
View Original Source Source