- An exceptional company culture with a firm commitment to its people and their career development.
- This isn’t a typical role, be involved in projects offering plenty of variety and challenges to apply your experience and creativity.
- Competitive remuneration package with company benefits.
About Tamlin International Homes
Tamlin International Homes Ltd. is an Award-Winning Builder and prefabricated home manufacturer in Coquitlam, BC. We design and ship custom timber frame homes across Canada, the US, and internationally. Founded in 1977 with a desire to be an industry leader, we have found incredible success through designing timber frame dwellings and building award-winning custom residential homes with a distinctly West Coast feel throughout the Lower Mainland. Our longevity and stability have enabled us to build long-term partnerships and we are committed to further developing our service offerings while maintaining a safe and progressive work environment for our employees.
With a strong strategic vision and a team comprised of the best in the business, we are an employer of choice with a bright future.
About the Opportunity
Tamlin International Homes Ltd is currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced Architectural Design Technologist to join our team in Coquitlam, BC on a full time basis. Work from our newly renovated design office and showroom.
As an intermediate Architectural Design Technologist, you’ll work professionally with clients, highly experience colleagues, suppliers, engineers, and consultants to carry out the requirements of this position.
Some of your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Preparing conceptual drawings using AutoCAD, and 3D Modelling software
- Revising and refining architectural details within each project’s design parameters such as client expectations, function, design, topography, bylaws, location, engineering, and budget needs.
- Learning and applying in-house building systems for timber frame, prefabricated wall panels, hybrid roof structures (SIPs, timber, conventional, engineered trusses) and foundations (ICF)
- Reviewing, interpreting and applying building codes to ensure that designs meet local requirements.
- Preparing full permit sets, construction plans, shop drawings, and prefabricated component details (such as post and beam connections) for each project
- Assisting with bill of materials and coordination for the procurement of house package materials as required
- Participating in face to face or zoom client meetings, engineering meetings, and weekly staff meetings
- Communicating with clients or builders on various design details and specifications to maintain the highest level of customer service
- Ensuring that deadlines for projects are met by reporting to the Design Manager
- Working with the design team to create new Tamlin signature plans for website and social media
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will have significant residential house design experience along with a comprehensive and practical knowledge of, and the ability to interpret, the BC Building Code (Part 9) and Step Code. You will be willing to apply this knowledge to international (USA) residential wood frame house construction. This role will also require a thorough knowledge of AutoCAD and 3D Software.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you will be an excellent communicator both verbally and in written form while also possessing the ability to visualize, organize, problem-solve, and balance aesthetics with function. Your natural aptitude for creative thinking will allow you to effectively utilize our existing design systems while also adapting or recommending other techniques and technologies.
Finally, ambitious individuals who are eager to continuously learn and improve themselves will excel in this role.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication you will be provided with a very competitive salary and annual performance review along with:
- Group benefits package for Medical and Dental.
- The opportunity to work in a state of the art office that we’re confident is better than a typical design office. Check out some pictures here.
- Two weeks vacation on joining.
- Huge opportunities for growth and career development.
If you are a committed and motivated individual looking for your next big challenge, look no further Apply Now!
Tamlin International Homes
View Original Source Source