The Rayleigh Waterworks District (RWWD) is a Local Government Improvement District operating within the Municipal boundaries of the City of Kamloops. As an Improvement District, RWWD is an autonomous Local Government body responsible for the provision of water and sewer utility services for the benefit of the residents in Rayleigh community, located on the east side of the North Thompson River to the south of the community of Heffley Creek, also part of the City of Kamloops.
RWWD urgently needs a strong self-motivated individual with progressive thinking and strong organization skills to perform the role of the Administrator/Financial Officer. The successful candidate must feel comfortable in dealing with Interior Health Authority and various other local and provincial governance.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Administrator/Financial Officer will have the following main responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly utility and annual tax statements;
- Prepare quarterly newsletter which includes topics about news and updates regarding the operations, the community, and local and provincial guidelines;
- Regularly maintain and update the website;
- Prepare operations and admin payroll;
- Prepare and analyze monthly and annual financial reports;
- Work in collaboration with the operations team to ensure proper management of GL accounts;
- Act as a liaison between the operations team and the Board of Trustees;
- Prepare and amend bylaws for review and approval and register copies with the Inspector of Municipalities;
- Facilitate regular trustee meetings, annual general meetings, and annual trustee election;
- Prepare annual budget for review and approval;
- Based on the annual budget, set utility and tax rates for review and approval;
- Ensure compliance with provincial and local government laws and regulations including the Local Government Act;
- Prepare year-end audit files;
- Complete office administrative tasks.
- Formal accounting credentials;
- Minimum 2 years full accounting cycle experience including Payroll, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reporting, and general office duties;
- Familiarity with Simply Accounting (Sage50) and Microsoft 365 applications (particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, and Publisher) is required.
- Familiarity with MuniWare Billing System is an asset;
- Familiarity with Improvement District operations and regulations is an asset;
- Able to work without supervision, self-motivated and have superior organization skills.
- Great people/phone skills;
- Must have a driver’s license and access to own transportation;
- Available for weekend and evening work on occasion.
If this sounds like you, email email@example.com or Fax (No. 250-578-0502) your resume with cover letter.
Job Type: Part-time
View Original Source Source