Requisition ID: 31790
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Vancouver has a commitment to becoming a City of Reconciliation. Vancouver consistently ranks as one of the world’s most liveable cities and is working towards being the greenest city in the world. Named among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and Canada’s Greenest Employers, the City of Vancouver seeks colleagues who can help shape and embody our core commitments to sustainability, decolonization, equity and outstanding quality of life for all residents.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose & Function
Reporting to the Manager of Administration Services within Arts, Cultre and Community Services, this position will work independently and as part of a team to provide complex Administrative support to Social Policy and Projects Division. The Administrative Coordinator supports and works closely with the leaders from Social Policy and liaises with a variety of City Departments such as finance, HR, REFM, IT and external contacts as required.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- This position administers and co-ordinates the full range of administrative services required to support the operations of the Social Policy and Projects Division and supervises administrative staff within the division’s teams.
- Under minimal supervision, this position assists in compiling and maintaining the annual budget for the division for those cost centers administered by the team leads and provides timely budget information for the ongoing financial management of several funds and cost centres.
- Provides administrative assistance by assembling appropriate financial and administrative reports and/or information, ensuring that important administrative matters are brought to the Managing Director’s attention in a timely way, liaising with Arts, Culture and Community Services- Admin Services Department and Human Resources staff, maintaining confidential information, and preparing financial reports for review/follow-up.
- Supervises and/or administers the clerical processing; support for applications, disbursements, and payables for a variety of programs that may include grants, development and capital projects, and several new projects that are initiated by the division.
- Manages Departmental Records Coordination and ensures records (paper and digital) are maintained appropriately through corporate records management systems and procedures.
- Performs general office management duties, including arranging for the processing of expense claims, office set-ups and moves, workplace safety, maintenance of office equipment and supplies, facilities maintenance requests, Occupational Health and Safety Procedures, and follow ups.
- Supervises a team of 12+ direct reports involved in reception, clerical and secretarial duties for the department.
- This position is a back up for the Administrative Assistant in the Cultural Services & Affordable Housing department, in the event of the incumbent’s absence.
- Provides HR support to team that includes but is not limited to; creates recruitment requisitions for vacancies, completes eSAFS, eCAFS and all onboarding and orientation tasks for new and existing staff.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12, supplemented by or including courses in commercial subjects, office administration and accounting, considerable experience in general office work, including experience in a supervisory capacity and some experience working in a social service or similar agency; some experience working in a computerized environment is preferred, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Courses in business administration, software applications and accounting plus considerable experience with budgeting and senior administrative assistant work is preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a supervisory capacity is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organise, lead, coach and evaluate the work of direct reports, under changing priorities is a requirement.
- Proven ability to build effective teams.
- Demonstrated ability to compile, monitor, run and interpret routine departmental & divisional budget reports is necessary.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are a must.
- Strong customer focus – internal and external is essential.
- Proficiency in financial and human resources modules of an enterprise information system, preferably SAP, is an asset.
- Proven ability to follow complex, time-sensitive procedures requiring liaison with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to exercise considerable independence and good judgement in a busy environment.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others at all levels of the organisation.
- A solid understanding of the City’s organisation and structure with a good knowledge of social issues in the community is an asset.
- Familiarity with the City’s operating and capital budgets structure, as well as source of funds, would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the City’s office suite of computer software is required, as well as thorough knowledge of business English.
- Must be able to take on and absorb similar duties during the temporary absence of a counterpart in another department.
Business Unit/Department: Arts, Culture and Community Services (1200)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: August, 2021
Position End Date: April, 2022
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-020: $32.23 to $37.92 per hour
Application Close: August 1, 2021
At the City of Vancouver, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we so proudly serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity with a generous benefits package, please apply on our careers site.
View Original Source Source