Executive Services – Salt Spring Island Administration
Regular Full time
Hours of Work
70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay
$34.02 – $38.61 per hour (2021 rates)
Review of applications begins
4:00pm on January 7, 2021 however, this position will remain open until filled
The position is responsible for providing financial support and coordination as well as overseeing the administrative/clerical operations of the Salt Spring Island Administration and Electoral Area office. The financial focus includes working collaboratively with CRD Financial Service in preparing budgets, budget documents and backup as well as ensuring the efficient, effective and timely management of budget monitoring.
This position resides on Salt Spring Island.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works in partnership with Financial Services to coordinate and facilitate the complete financial planning process for designated services areas and operations; prepares annual budgets for the Manager’s review and submission/presentation to Commissions.
- Provides operational financial and statistical reports and analysis, as directed.
- Works collaboratively with CRD Department to assist with the coordination of Salt Spring operational procurement processes, including: administrative coordination of contracts, tenders requests for proposals, purchase orders; ensuring proper documentation, insurance requirements, internal approvals, and contract communication.
- Works in conjunction with Financial Services to prepares journal entries and assist with the initial prepares routine financial transactions (i.e. cheque requisitions), and reconciles P-card expenditures, maintains petty cash funds.
- Tracks budget expenditures including monitoring of overhead budgets.
- Assists in maintaining and supporting ongoing initial reviews of lifecycle management.
- Assists and works in partnership with Financial Services in funding shortfall and risk analysis of the CRD asset infrastructure, as required.
- Monitors and provides clarification on financial controls and cash handling functions.
- Provides administrative and transactional support for purchase order and invoice processing.
- Leads and supervises SSI service area administrative and recreation reception staff.
- Develops, implements and maintains administrative systems, procedures and standards and ensures standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Oversees the departmental filing system ensuring organizational practices are followed, maintaining confidentiality and determining appropriate records management processes.
- Coordinates the administrative setup of new programs and special projects.
- Provides administrative support to the division, commissions, and committees, including drafting and editing staff reports, correspondence and documents, prepares information and makes presentations to Commission meetings, as required.
- Assists in maintaining corporate website with SSI service areas and SharePoint processes.
- Assesses effectiveness of computer systems, works collaboratively with Information Technology regarding hardware/software requirements and purchases, and ensuring consistent procedures.
- Administers the operation and maintenance of registration and facility booking software.
- Advises and coordinates with Managers and supervisors upcoming employment renewals, related processes and timelines.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A degree in a related discipline, such as Commerce, Business or Accounting, plus two years’ relevant experience in a complex accounting environment providing support and advice. A diploma and three years’ experience may also be considered. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered with demonstrated exposure to financial reporting and budgeting.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Strong working knowledge of budget preparation and reconciliation procedures.
- Advanced spreadsheet and analytical skills are essential, strong word processing skills also required.
- Demonstrated ability with financial modelling as well as the ability to synthesize data and information.
- Knowledge of office operations, administrative processes and systems.
- Strong initiative and sound judgment skills.
- Proficiency and experience with word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and presentation (MS PowerPoint) software, and email systems (MS Outlook).
- Demonstrated knowledge of business English (grammar and spelling) and proper formats and styles for business correspondence.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and prioritize work of self and others.
- Ability to work with minimum direction under pressure, coordinate a variety of responsibilities under time constraints while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and prioritizing appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning software and financial systems, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of Perfect Mind software considered and asset.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as establish and maintain collaborative working relationships.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s License.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”.
The CRD thanks you for your interest and advises only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source