Accounting Clerk III
Competition #2020-59 (Time-Duration)
December 23, 2020
The Fraser Valley Regional District, located in Chilliwack, is surrounded by mountains, rivers, farms and parks. Our staff are able to enjoy work-life balance with backyard access to many outdoor recreational and healthy activities from biking, hiking, boating and fishing. We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an energetic and self-motivate individual to fill the position of Accounting Clerk III in the Finance Department. The term of the position is from February 2021 to approximately February 2022.
The successful candidate will report to the Manager of Financial Operations. The incumbent will perform a variety of complex tasks including maintaining accounting and statistical records, administering and reconciling a variety of financial statements, various accounts and sub-ledgers; performing analyses and reconciliation of asset, liability and operating accounts and special analyses and reconciliations as required; performing accounts receivable functions, raising and processing invoices, posting and balancing sub-ledgers; answering enquiries and preparing reports for various internal and external sources on a variety of financial matters; performing internal audit functions; entering all cash transactions into accounting system; assisting with or completing utility billings; reconciling petty cash and preparing cheques; assisting with data entry of provisional and final budgets; assisting with preparation of year-end working papers, debt spreadsheets, and supporting schedules for annual financial statements; assisting in the preparation and submitting of annual government forms; and as required; assisting with, or completing in the absence of the payroll clerk, the preparation of the bi-weekly payroll.
We offer a positive, supportive, team-based work environment with an emphasis on collaboration and continual improvement. If you have a can-do attitude and a keen sense of humour, you will fit right in. Bring your positive energy, ambition and desire to learn, and we will take care of the rest.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Three years of accounting courses approved by a Certified General Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Chartered Accountant Program, plus 4 years prior job related experience, preferably in a local government environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, procedures, policies and regulations applicable to professional accounting practices, including fund accounting;
- Must have knowledge of systems and procedures together with experience in the utilization of financial computer software applications, and extensive knowledge of Vadim software;
- Knowledge or skill in auditing techniques;
- Ability to prepare financial reports, statements, and to reconcile various accounts and sub-ledgers; Ability to operate modern standard office equipment, P.C.’s and accounting related software, including spreadsheet;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other staff and to explain and interpret department policies and procedures; and
- Ability to produce accurate financial reports and information.
The wage rate for this bargaining unit position is $27.95 per hour plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits. Upon successful completion of the required probationary period, the wage will increase to $32.88 plus 10.6% in lieu of benefits.
If this opportunity excites you, we want to hear from you. Please submit your resume, along with a cover letter, indicating how you meet the qualifications to email@example.com by 4:30 p.m. on January 22, 2021. Please quote Competition #2020-59. Please visit our website at www.fvrd.ca/careers for further information. The successful applicant may be required to provide a criminal record check as a condition of employment
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source