The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) is located in southwestern BC and consists of 4 member municipalities (Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Lillooet) and 4 electoral areas. The region contains some of the most spectacular forests, waterways, and mountains in the province and affords an endless range of opportunities for outdoor adventure. Headquartered in Pemberton, which is the approximate geographic centre of the region, the SLRD delivers a wide range of regional, sub-regional and local services to its residents. Services include land use planning, solid waste management, building inspection, fire protection, emergency preparedness, 911 services, recreation, water and sewer utilities, regional transit, trails and open spaces as well as financial support for various community services.
The SLRD is seeking an experienced individual to perform asset management duties, grant administration duties and other intermediate level accounting duties in support of and under the direction of the Director of Finance. This is a new permanent, full-time position with diverse responsibilities. At this time, it is anticipated that this position will initially be remote due to the COVID pandemic but will, in accordance with the SLRD reopening plan, eventually be located at the SLRD office in Pemberton.
The ideal candidate will have a Professional Accounting Designation, or be enrolled in such a program, with a minimum of 4 years accounting experience with a focus on and extensive experience with managing tangible capital assets. Candidates must have excellent Excel skills, experience using large data sets and superior communication skills with the ability to work within deadlines.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Building, maintaining, improving and communicating the SLRD’s asset registry and asset management plans and strategies.
- Developing annual and long-term capital budgets and performing capital budget variance reviews & remediation strategies.
- Assisting with capital projects as they relate to infrastructure asset management.
- Assisting with capital project planning and procurement.
- Reviewing various grant funding opportunities, compiling information and writing grant applications in coordination with the applicable SLRD department.
- Reviewing and reconciling project financial records for completeness and for any grant eligibility requirements, ensuring the project stays within any respective grant requirements.
- Completing grant funding reporting requirements.
- Cross-training in all facets of the finance department to assist as needed.
- Tracking financial funding resolutions of the Board, preparing funding letters to the recipients and completing cheque requisitions for funding disbursements.
- Performing other related work as required.
For further information, please see the full job description at www.slrd.bc.ca/employment. Compensation will be determined commensurate with knowledge, skills and ability, includes a comprehensive benefit package and Municipal Pension Plan and offers the ability to work a compressed work week (nine-day fortnight).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a covering letter by email, no later than January 8, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. to:
Suzanne Lafrance, Director of Finance
Squamish-Lillooet Regional District
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
View Original Source Source