This dynamic and growing organization is located in the natural and beautiful community of Williams Lake, BC.
Williams Lake retains that magical ‘western frontier character’, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Its central location, at the junction of Highway 97 to the north and the Bella Coola highway (Hwy 20), makes it an excellent place from which to foray into the surrounding regions.
Steeped in history and culture, Williams Lake offers great dining, modern-day amenities and is also considered one of BCs top outdoor playgrounds. The town and surrounding areas offer so many options for the outdoor enthusiast: hiking, fishing, river rafting, canoeing, kayaking, golf, downhill and cross-country skiing, wild-life viewing, dog sledding, biking, ranching, rodeos and more.
From Williams Lake you can explore the cedar forests of the gold rush country to the east, travel west to the Pacific Ocean over the vast expanses of the Chilcotin Plateau, venture north to Prince George and beyond to Alaska, or head south to the Okanagan and the Lower Mainland.
This full-time position (35 hours per week) Monday to Friday supports the Finance Department by performing a wide range of accounting duties. As the organization grows, there will be ample opportunity for growth and development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Performs accounts receivable duties including invoicing and collection.
• Prepares bank deposits and makes deposits as required.
• Administers employee benefits plan including reconciliations and accruals. Assists staff with enrolment and responds to questions about the group benefits plan.
• Assists with payroll including reconciling and issuing T4s and T4As.
• Reconciles various accounts including bank accounts, credit cards and general ledger accounts.
• Posts journal entries.
• Performs month end processes and assists with financial reporting.
• Maintains electronic and paper filing systems.
• General accounting duties as assigned. Timely completion & delivery of accurate and well-supported consolidated financial statements to internal and external users.
• Analyze monthly variances within the Financial Statements and present findings as needed
• Prepare year end working papers for financial and taxation audits
• Maintain required GL account reconciliations and support specific sections of balance sheet.
• CPA designation or enrollment in the CPA program
• 5 years of progressive accounting experience.
• Experience working with computerized accounting systems (Sage 300 is preferred).
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and basic to intermediate skills in other MS office programs.
• Able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision as well as working within a collaborative team framework.
• Financial literacy and ability to follow procedures.
• Well organized and proactive with strong time management skills.
• Well-developed administration skills including records management.
• Strong client service skills. Friendly, positive, responsive, professional and helpful.
• A valid Class 5 B.C. driver’s license
• Competitive Wages
• Exceptional Extended Medical/Dental Plan with Life and Disability Insurance
• RRSP matching
• Training and Learning Opportunities
• Opportunities for development and advancement
• Diverse and Inclusive Work Culture
• Casual dress office environment
• On-site parking
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to:
Sabine Bell, Human Resources Consultant
The Jouta Performance Group
Closing Date: January 21, 2021
View Original Source Source