QR Code Link to This Post
Comox Valley Waldorf School is looking for a Class Teacher for Grade 1 for the 2019-20 school year. Comox Valley Waldorf School is located in Courtenay on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Full time hours are from 8am until 3:30pm. Classes begin at 8:30 and close at 3:00. Teachers will be given a number of prep periods during the week (this may vary depending on school resources). In addition, it is expected that some preparation is done outside of this time.
● BC teacher certification in good standing
● Waldorf teaching certification or a willingness to engage in Waldorf training/courses
● Thorough understanding of Waldorf education and human development from an anthroposophical perspective
● Valid First Aid Certificate is needed
● Express positive interpersonal skills with children and adults
● Be motivated, determined, flexible, creative and committed
● Display the ability to develop, cultivate and maintain healthy working relationships
● Demonstrate compatibility with existing administrative staff and faculty
Hours, Rate of Pay & Length of Year:
This contract begins August 19th and finishes June 19th. but ultimately, the successful candidate would be looking to commit to carrying this class throughout the Elementary school years.*
We offer a competitive salary, and professional development funding upon successful completion of the first year.
How to Apply:
Please reply to this ad with a Cover Letter and Resume. We look forward to hearing from you.
*In Waldorf Schools, ultimately, class teachers start with their class in Grade 1 and move up through the grades with that same group of students to Grade 7 when they graduate. This helps to build community within the class and allows the teacher to really know and understand each child in their class.