QR Code Link to This Post
Veganism is rapidly growing and so is our team at Vegan Supply. We currently have a position available as a General Manager with great room for growth. This is a full-time position and will require you to work out of our Chinatown location in Vancouver, Canada.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and with an established record of performance. This role would be ideally suited to someone who is passionate and knowledgeable about veganism and has managerial experience (preferably in the Food and Beverage industry).
– Oversee daily store operations to ensure operational efficiency
– Build and manage a team of knowledgeable, friendly and efficient staff
– Provide training to improve the knowledge base of the staff and utilize cross-training methods to maintain productivity during slower periods
– Monitor performance of staff and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner
– Maintain adequate staffing levels to ensure customers’ needs are met while operating within budgeted labour optimization rates
– Creation of staffing schedules on a bi-monthly basis
– Visualization and execution of product merchandising
– Ensuring the store aesthetic is consistent and the store cleanliness is maintained
– Develop a schedule of holiday activities along with the Procurement and Inventory Manager for promotional purposes
– Handle customer queries and complaints in a timely and professional manner
– Liaise with department heads and staff to address any concerns, discuss upcoming promotions, demos etc.
– Report monthly business results to Controller and proactively react to customer shortfalls/opportunities
– Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required
Beneficial Previous Experience + Qualifications
– Previous managerial experience and relevant grocery and/or retail experience
– Ability to lead a team in an enthusiastic and positive manner
– Excellent customer service skills and ability to instill these values in staff members
– Exceptional leadership and organizational skills
– Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under pressure
– Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stressful situations
– Experience in effective merchandising that drives sales
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed objectives and take on more responsibility
– Experience with utilizing Shopify
– Ability to work autonomously and with a team
Please send a resume and cover letter outlining why you would be a good fit for our company. We thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Compensation is commensurate on experience.