QR Code Link to This Post
FULLHOUSE modern is an established and growing independent business, specializing in vintage + modern retail furniture business located in Kitsilano, Vancouver. The business sells handcrafted vintage and new modern furniture, lighting, rugs & decor for the home.
Job Location : Kitsilano, Vancouver, BC
Start Date: Immediately
Hours: Regular hours, full-time – 34 hrs/wk and fixed schedule Friday thru to Tuesday.
Days : 11an-6pm Must be able to work days + weekends. We are CLOSED evenings or holidays
The Ideal Candidate
You have a proven ability to develop sales leads and close sales, including follow up before and after transaction. You are a motivated, self-disciplined & career-minded. You are a self-starter who can self-manage while being an integral member of a tightly knit high performance team and support fellow team members. Thrive working in flat-level environment where everyone pitches in & no job is too big or small. Possess inclination to roll up sleeves and get the job done, while also possessing the refinement to work with discriminating clientele. Your personality is one that is easy-going, positive, warm/ welcoming in nature and patient. You possess strong communication, detail / organization, multi-tasking and computer skills. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing /dynamic work environment. Characteristics we value: reliability, professionalism, desire and ability to learn.
– lead in selling effort & close high value sale transactions
– easily interact and naturally build rapport with the public & design trade clientele
– self-directed, plan your work with minimal or no supervision
– capable in all things related to sales / online admin
– prepare sales & freight quotes, scheduling & prepare shipping docs
– efficient handling of sales transactions POS / Inventory furniture software program system
– maintain daily website(s) posts / updates using company web admin interface
– marketing savvy, create product w/ photo posts to Instagram
– maintain visual merchandising and organization of furniture retail showroom
Required Skills & Knowledge
– intermediate proficiency with MS Office – Word /Excel/ Outlook and Google Apps
– proficiency in Mac + MS Operating Systems, intuitive with computers
– creative design orientation – architecture, visual arts, interior design
– basic Photoshop, graphic and photography skills a BIG++
– high level of keying accuracy & efficiency / detail oriented in written work
– natural administrative / organization skills, implement & track action follow up lists
– fluent in English language; written & verbal — excel in letter composition, adv. grammar / spelling skills
– deft in problem solving and recommending course of action
– demonstrate basic math / numerical competency
– physically fit (good lower back), lift up to 50 lbs, scale a 6-foot ladder (when necessary)
– highly productive, typing 55+ words per min.
– internet knowledge – track orders, navigate websites, webmail
– understanding of social media Facebook, Instagram
Work Experience &Education / Certificates:
– Three (3) years retail sales /customer service experience required
– Creative arts, architecture, interior design – university / college degree
Close and enthusiastic team of dedicated colleagues. ALWAYS busy with something to do.
Typical day — on showroom floor moving between computer /cash desk, responding to emails, phone calls, assisting customers in showroom, answering questions, getting fabric swatches, checking stock, selling / packing up furniture to go, preparing shipping documents, scheduling freight pick-up, merchandising / tidying showroom, photography and load web posts during quiet / slow periods.
Benefits &Compensation Offered
Competitive wage monthly performance bonus (three month qualifying period).
Generous employee discounts
Extensive 4-month job training provided
Resume and cover letter can be received by email or in person. References are required.
Only applicants considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found..
1545 W. 4th Ave (@ 1/2 block east of Fir St.)
Parking: Ample parking and close to transit hub
www.fullhousemodern.com (new website coming soon)
Published at Sun, 14 Jan 2018 04:18:15 +0000