QR Code Link to This Post
Are you between 15-29 and looking for work? Has your mental health impacted your ability to find and/or maintain employment? The YMCA Youth BEAT (Breakthrough to Employment and Training) program is recruiting PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS for our next intake.
Youth BEAT, offered in partnership with Foundry, supports individuals gain the confidence, skills, and experience needed to enter the labour market.
This holistic program provides participants with a wealth of job search support and tools for managing their mental health in the workplace. Youth benefit from:
– Job and life skills training, basic skills upgrading and career planning
– Employment counselling, mentoring and coaching
– Short term certificate training based on employment goals and requirements of hiring employer (eg. WHMIS, Food Safe etc.)
– Job placement and follow-up support to assist participants in finding and maintaining employment
– A 6 month complimentary YMCA membership while participating in the program
– Catered breakfast
– Pre-loaded Compass transit cards for employment and program transit purposes
Our next intake will run for 5 weeks of workshops at the Robert Lee YMCA from April 30th, 2018 – May 1st, 2018. The workshop component is followed by 12 weeks of support while participants enter a work placement. Total of 17 weeks commitment.
**Call or email to be registered now!! Spaces are limited
Participants MUST attend an information session before being accepted into the program. 604-685-8066
Published at Tue, 24 Apr 2018 17:38:03 +0000