QR Code Link to This Post
The Viking Alliance is hiring 2-3 factory workers aboard their 150 ft. mid water freezer trawler. Positions require you to be physically fit, able to work 6 hours on, 6 hours off rotation for the duration of the trip.
The Viking Alliance fishes 11 months of the year, with trips averaging 7-10 days. If hired, you would be generally expected to work a 2 trip on, 1 trip off rotation. The vessel offloads in the Port of North Vancouver, and crew is responsible for offload duties as well.
Factory duties include (depending on assignment):
– Toyo driver (feeding fish through toyo machine and grading)
– Freezers (loading fresh fish and unloading 50lbs block of fish.
– Floater (helps out at all positions around the factory)
– Freezer Hold (Receives 50lbs bags in hold, stacks accordingly)
– FACTORY OR FISHING BOAT EXPERIENCE IS PREFERRED
– Fishing License (can be obtained online through Department of Fisheries)
– Must have reliable vehicle or reliable way to get to and from the dock
– Must have cell or home phone and be reachable to work
– Physically fit with ability to lift and stack 50lb blocks
– Self starter with ability to take initiative (there are opportunities for growth within the fishing vessel)
– Comfortable sharing closed quarters with a crew of up to 22 guys, able to work as a team.
– It is important to note we are in the middle of the ocean for an average of 7-10 days with limited to no cell phone reception.
– Sleep quarters and bathrooms are on board, with rooms varying from 2-4 bunks per room.
– Living quarters/TV Room/Kitchen + Mess areas are open for use when you are off shift
– Cooks are on board for every trip and provide 3 hearty meals a day, plus snacks
– Cleanliness is of upmost importance and all areas must be kept as clean as possible for the duration of the trips
– Washers and dryers are on board and available for crew use
– Crew are paid on a per trip basis crew share – very competitive pay of %
– Crew is paid day rate for offloads and shoreside hours ($220nper day)
– Paid within 1-4 business days of trip offload (direct deposit)
Required Work Clothing:
– Rubber Boots with Steel Toe
– Rain Gear ( pants and jacket )
– Warm Clothing
– Bedding for Single Bed
– Gloves Provided
– Toiletry’s (shampoo,towel, etc etc
Interested applicants may email resume and related experience.