Inspire the World. Create the Future.
Do you believe in the power of technology to help shape a brighter future and a stronger global community? Are you inspired by the possibilities? Are innovation, camaraderie, and the pursuit of excellence part of your innate drive? Then you’ve got what it takes to succeed at Samsung.
Why We Want You
As the Facilities and Operations Manager, you will wear many hats. You will be accountable for maintaining the Vancouver Samsung facility and focus your attention towards health, safety, operations and security. You have experience managing others and you elevate the team with your presence. Your attention to detail sets you apart from other candidates as you go the extra mile when it’s needed. Most importantly, you have the right attitude when approaching challenges and always aspire to bring your best to the team.
- Lead and direct the activities of the Corporate Affairs team to ensure personal, team, and site initiatives are achieved
- Align with Samsung Canada Corporate Affairs and collaborate with local Lab Head to ensure company standards and site requirements are fulfilled
- Responsible for Samsung Vancouver’s general facilities management which includes vendor management, procurement, contract management, security, reception and general office administration
- Oversee general contractors, designers, consultants and movers to ensure milestone completion dates of our office move project
- Plan facilities changes i.e. design, furniture moves, construction and renovation projects
- Oversee on-site activities of vendors and approve vendor expenditures, contracts and services
- Act as an on-going innovator and thought leader for all aspect of services delivery as well as act as innovation catalyst for team
- Manage on-site Security; ensure audit requirement needs are met and are in full compliance
- Champion for workplace safety and crisis planning, including coordinating emergency exit routines/drills
- Establish an ongoing communication and training program to promote safety and security
- Ensure proper accident investigation and reports to WSBC are completed
- In cooperation with HR, plan and execute workplace wellness events
- In cooperation with HR, participate in social committee planning and assist to execute employee events
- Partner with HR and employees to manage the Social Committee’s internal and external company events including Employee day, Day of Giving, Holiday events and functions from beginning to end
- Participate in annual security and facilities audits to ensure Samsung policy compliance
- Build relationships with external organizations for corporate partnership opportunities for Samsung
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field from a college or university
- 5+ years facilities management experience with responsibility for the full range of facilities, property management, safety, security functions; construction and administration activities
- Must hold a Facilities designation (ex: CFM, FMP)
- Must have WSIB certification and First Aid Certified
- Project Management skills
- Procurement designation is an asset
- Ability to read and understand AutoCAD drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
Samsung is an equal employment opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest in working for Samsung; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Samsung Electronics Canada
Published at Tue, 24 Apr 2018 23:54:01 +0000