North Vancouver Recreation & Culture is dedicated to building healthy individuals, families and communities by offering a wide range of recreation, social, health and cultural programs and services to residents of all ages.
We are currently seeking a qualified CSEP or ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist for our community maintenance Cardiac Rehab classes.
The Lions Gate Cardiac Rehab and Cardiometabolic Program is a collaboration of Dr. Kevin McLeod, Vancouver Coastal Health and North Vancouver Recreation and Culture. The program has been serving the North Shore of Vancouver for over 10 years and is a multi-disciplinary supervised exercise and education program for people who are recovering from cardiac-related interventions or who are trying to prevent cardiac and other chronic diseases.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective written, oral and non-verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team
- Exercise initiative and good judgement with ability to multi-task
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job
- Computer literacy
REQUIRED TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Kinesiology or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a health care environment and case management experience preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in cardiac rehabilitation
- Current CPR/AED certificate
- ACSM Exercise Specialist or CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist certificate
All candidates are required to submit a Police Record Check as a requirement of the position prior to any appointment. Clearance requires the absence of any criminal charges or convictions related to this position.
HOURLY RATE: Based on training and experience, plus 4% in lieu of benefits.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
APPLY ONLINE AT: www.nvrc.ca/employment – Competition #17930
We thank you for your interest in employment with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.