QR Code Link to This Post
“The Community of St. Mark’s, which includes St. Mark’s College, Corpus Christi College, and St. Mark’s Parish, is the Catholic centre at UBC. St. Mark’s College educates undergraduate and graduate students through a theological lens, preparing them to become leaders in Catholic schools, healthcare, and social services. It also prepares the academic formation for men preparing to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. Corpus Christi College provides students with the good undergraduate start that develops the individual student’s potential and enables success today and beyond. Our offerings are unique, imbued with Catholic values, while complementary to UBC.”
The Offices of the Deans of Corpus Christi and St. Mark’s Colleges are responsible for providing academic oversight and direction for each of the Colleges.
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for carrying out specific responsibilities as designated by the Dean of Liberal Arts at Corpus Christi College and the Dean of Theology at St. Mark’s College. The EA can expect a wide range of duties and responsibilities in a fast-paced, student focused environment.
The incumbent must carry out all duties in a professional, courteous and efficient manner while maintaining confidentiality.
The EA will report to the Dean of Liberal Arts at Corpus Christi College and the Dean of Theology at St. Mark’s College and will work collaboratively with other departments at the Colleges.
Expectations and Responsibilities
A. Administrative Needs of the Office
• Providing support to the Dean of Liberal Arts and the Dean of Theology in all day-to-day administrative activities of the office
• Managing all incoming/outgoing requests for appointments, meetings, and information with both internal and external parties, possibly acting as the primary contact for the Deans
• Working closely with Deans to prioritize needs, source and coordinate resources and ensure maximum support to ensure appropriate professionalism and high quality of work
• Preparing, sending, and collecting academic sessional contracts and other necessary documentation (payroll information, media release, privacy, etc.) in a timely manner – for Corpus Christi, St. Mark’s, and Continuing Education instructors
• Sending requests for syllabi, receiving them and filing them once the Dean has approved them – for Corpus Christi, St. Mark’s, and Continuing Education instructors
• Preparing and sending course evaluations, and filing them once the Dean has reviewed them – for Corpus Christi, St. Mark’s, and Continuing Education instructors
• Assisting with website maintenance including uploading new material to the website
• Coordinating travel, accommodation, and transportation arrangements as required for the Deans
• Other related administrative duties as assigned by the Deans
B. College Events/Meetings
• Preparing and distributing agendas, minutes and other support materials for meetings (particularly Senate (St. Mark’s College) and Education Council (Corpus Christi College), taking minutes, and ensuring that decisions reached at these meetings are followed up in a timely fashion to ensure projects proceed as scheduled
• Coordinating with relevant departments and personnel to ensure smooth execution of events that are managed by the Office
Qualifications and Skills
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 1-3 years of experience in an administrative setting with proficiency on MS Office
• Able to maintain a high level of initiative, judgment and confidentiality
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, academics, students and board members, business executives, church leaders, and others
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work collaboratively and under pressure with tight deadlines
• Commitment to forwarding the missions and visions of St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College
Closing Date: posted until filled
Preferred Job Start Date: August 1, 2019
Applications, including cover letter and resume should be submitted. Applications open until filled.