Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
We need leadership, dynamism, and expertise to guide and protect the livability of our region. We need you.
Our Water Services Department is seeking a Draftsperson II who will work with our engineers on various civil infrastructure projects such as South Surrey Interceptor, South Delta Main #1 and Angus Drive Main.
You are: primarily a Municipal/Civil Drafter with several years of AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Civil 3D experience.
- Prepares engineering drawings of moderate difficulty for water, sewer and drainage systems, sewage treatment plants, water reservoirs, pumping stations and ancillary structures, and related electrical services and instrumentation.
- Prepares base plans, topographical maps, electrical and instrumentation drawings; prepares graphs, tabulations, bills of materials, and engineering sketches; copies, traces, revises and colors a variety of drawings.
- Prepares sets of ‘as-built’ drawings for completed construction and installation projects.
- Reduces and plots survey notes. Makes basic technical calculations for dimensioning drawings such as chainage distances, slopes, grades, vertical distances, angles and pipe bends.
- Performs other work of equal importance, difficulty and responsibility requiring comparable qualifications.
- Performs related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of Grade 12, including or supplemented by courses in mathematics with Trigonometry and Physics, plus one year post-secondary training in drafting. Some experience in municipal drafting in related work or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Working knowledge of drafting practices, techniques, symbols and terminology.
- Working knowledge of basic technical mathematics and familiarity with engineering nomenclature and practices.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to draw and letter efficiently in both pencil and ink on paper and drafting film.
- Ability to perform moderately difficult drafting assignments and carry out a variety of routine clerical tasks related to drafting work.
- Good drafting, visual and numerical aptitude.
- Skill in the use of drafting and computing instruments (i.e. AutoCAD and/or Civil 3D software, etc.)
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by January 22, 2019.