QR Code Link to This Post
REACH Dental Clinic is committed to providing a comprehensive range of oral care services of the highest quality to all its patients. We strive to educate all our patients who receive treatment at our clinic. Our goal is to deliver excellent service in a friendly and welcoming environment to each and every patient who comes through our doors. REACH Dental Clinic has been a leader in the field of dentistry for over 45 years and remains committed to social responsibility. We are a social enterprise and receive no ongoing government funding. Thus, we rely on fees and private financial donations to do the work we do.
The Dental Receptionist is responsible for the smooth operation of the reception area, ensuring the patients receive the recommended and approved dental care in a timely and professional manner. Duties include booking appointments, answering phones, collecting payments, confirming insurance coverage, maintaining and balancing cash records, receiving and providing information to patients and the public and providing secretarial support to the dental clinic, and ensuring that reception duties are being completed. The Dental Receptionist is accountable to the Dental Reception Coordinator and the Dental Manager.
• Answers incoming calls, fills the schedule for clinical providers, takes and relays messages, gives information about referrals and books appointments for referrals as needed.
• Creates proper documentation of interactions with patients to facilitate proper follow up among staff and always records their name after any notes.
• Manages and maintains the recall system, ensures pending appointments are confirmed, recalls dormant accounts.
• Maintains and keeps current all dental records in accordance with the CDSBC standards.
• Determines and confirms insurance coverage, checks coverage for following day, including pre- authorizations, explains costs and insurability to patients and assists with billing.
• Completion of Grade 12 and Dental reception course, receiving a Certificate.
• One year experience as a dental receptionist.
• Familiar with dental software programs and Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
• Ability to function and work cooperatively as a member of an interdisciplinary team, and ability to work independently.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to speak languages other than English an asset.
REACH is proud to be a Living Wage Employer who ensures the long-term health and well being of our employees. Our competitive benefits package includes an employee assistance program and paid days off for education. Personal benefits include committed colleagues and a culture of teamwork and innovation.
REACH is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace environment and encourage applications from the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
REACH will provide accommodation during all steps of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. Please advise us if you need any accommodation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Dental Receptionist” in the subject line. We appreciate all applicants; however only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.