Computer Programmer/Analyst (Digital Analytics Developer)
Requisition ID: 11165
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, BC’s Top Employers, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world’s most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The incumbent ensures the City’s digital analytics platforms (Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager architecture) are operationally sound and perform in accordance with the organization’s technical standards. As a frontend developer, they are responsible for developing and implementing new online tracking to guide user experience improvements on various digital platforms. Digital platforms include but are not limited to websites, mobile applications, and web applications.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reports to the Senior Manager of Digital Channels and the Digital Services Technical Lead. This person will be primarily working on Capital projects and works closely with Program and Project team members, Digital Services Team, Web Architecture Team, application developers, Enterprise Data and Analytics team, external Vendors, business customers, and other IT partners.
- Requires considerable independent judgement to recommend, design, implement and support both web and mobile analytics
- Troubleshoot tracking code and tags that are not triggering in Google Tag Manager
- Develop effective tagging strategies to enable self-service analysis throughout the organization
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements, data collection systems and API solutions for our Digital Channels
- Handle unique data requests from a range of stakeholders, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to improve customer experience with digital tools
- Integrating data from disparate data sources
- Provide key support for ongoing and new data collection efforts
- Sound knowledge of web analytics, data warehousing, predictive modelling, market segmentation and analysis
- Works with Digital Strategists and Technical Leads to analyze existing and proposed systems to ensure optimal outcome
- Carries out related testing and debugging tasks to ensure delivery of high quality products
- Establishes best practises and standards by researching and introducing industry trends on new and emerging web technologies, web analytics, and API solutions.
- Identifies risks associated with planned changes to minimize negative impacts on site visitors, business operations, or site administration
- Reviews and analyzes systems post implementation, to ensure the implementation did not introduce defects and/or performance issues
- Resolves escalated issues and works in a professional manner when dealing with sensitive or controversial matters
- Provides technical advice, guidance, assistance, and training to users and staff Prepares and maintains user and operations documentation, and provides technical training for other members of Digital Services team
Minimum Position Requirements
- Degree or diploma in computer sciences, web development or a related area
- Minimum of 4 years’ programming experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Full-stack engineer with expert level experience with the following technologies:
- JSON, XML, XSLT
- RESTful APIs, OAUTH 2.0
- Experience with responsive, cross-browser and mobile design, development and testing
- Experience with static and database driven CMS’ like Umbraco, OpenText, WordPress, and Drupal
- Knowledge of quality assurance procedures or user acceptance testing and monitoring methodologies, particularly as they relate to large web site implementations
- Ability to work effectively in a changing environment and perform under pressure, organize multiple priorities and meet deadlines, articulate risks and make clear recommendations, and identify ways to improve service delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to handle business critical and sensitive information
- Constantly drive innovation by staying current with technology, trends, and new ideas for digital content production and process improvements.
Business Unit/Department: IT, Digital Strategy & 311 (1070)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Position Start Date: July 2018
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-027: $40.48 to $47.82 per hour
Application Close: July 22, 2018
The City of Vancouver is always interested in adding high performing team members to its staff. If you would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our internal careers site. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Back to Top
Published at Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:53:00 +0000