The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Communications Specialist – Graphic Design
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
October 21, 2019 – November 12, 2019
This is a temporary, full-time position replacing the absence of a regular employee from approximately January 2020 to January 2021.
Working closely as a key member of the Communications & Engagement team, this position leads the graphic design and production of a variety of visual tools, publications, advertisements, and signage. This requires document design and layout, image management, and the creation of graphics and images.
- Creates, designs, and maintains comprehensive visual identities for new and ongoing City projects, initiatives and events
- Designs a high volume of cyclical publications such as newsletters, annual reports, community guides, and the City calendar
- Books and designs all print advertising, including transit shelter ads
- Obtains printing quotes and administers contracts with external vendors
- Designs and prints public engagement tools, including display boards, stylized maps, surveys, feedback forms, and engagement summaries
- Develops and executes a variety of communication campaigns, including advising internal clients, working within budgets and timelines, and creating and distributing promotional materials.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check. Please submit your online application www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications (or a related field) plus a minimum of three years of job-related experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Attention to detail, fact-checking and proof-reading abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement and independent decision-making skills
- Technical aptitude and the ability to work quickly and with confidence are essential to success
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, plus strong MS Office skills (creating Word templates and PowerPoint presentations)
- Working knowledge of professional printing techniques and standards
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation – Hourly
$39.67 – $42.68
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.