QR Code Link to This Post
On behalf of our client, Solution Painting & Decorating Ltd, we are searching for an energetic and driven Estimator to join their dynamic team in Vancouver, BC. For 19 years, Solution Painting has provided top notch and detailed service through Vancouver’s lower mainland and the exterior. Solution Painting offers a competitive salary and a terrific work life balance, equipped with industry trained staff that are trustworthy and passionate about their work. They have created strong relationships throughout the industry by having knowledgeable staff that provide superior customer service and top-quality workmanship.
Reporting to the Owner, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily quoting and estimating commercial painting tenders, including blue print reading and working with property managers. The estimator will prepare, record and maintain pricing and assist the management team in the ongoing business pursuit.
• Preparation of daily quotes and job estimations including blueprint reading, specifications and related documents
• Responsible for timely estimations and attending appointments when needed while building and enhancing rapport and relationships simultaneously with clients
• Computes costs by analyzing labour, material and time requirements
• Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Presents prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
• Maintenance of cost data base
• Sell and monitor business line
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5 to 7+ years estimating and quoting experience, experience in the painting trade industry is considered an asset
• Results orientated individual who has enjoyed great success in sales
• Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet tight schedules
• Self-motivated individual with strong willingness to get the job done in a timely and effective manner
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
• Ability to work in a high-pressure setting with a constant changing environment
• Strong closer with the ability to handle difficult situations through recognizing and executing the right opportunity
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
• Proficient in basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project, etc.)
• A valid class 5 driver license and personal vehicle are required
This is a great opportunity for a goal-oriented individual who has a passion for closing the deal and wants to be involved in business development. The candidate we are seeking will be a significant participant in community building and networking activities and someone that wants to be part of a company that sees itself as much more than just painters but true leaders in the industry.
If you feel you have the demonstrated background and are interested in learning more about this career opportunity, please follow the link to apply or contact our Recruitment Consultant, Kelly Chopty, at 250.734.4329 for more information.