Company BackgroundWe are a family-owned business and have operated for over 20 years. We are a specialty meat manufacturer spanning three plants in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.Brief Job DescriptionThe Millwright is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the facility machinery. Working with the Maintenance Team, the Millwright helps ensure all machinery is running safely and the plant is operating in compliance with regulations. All maintenance work will be carried out with efficiency, while having the highest priority on safety.We currently have openings in our Richmond facility.
Job Type: Full-time, PermanentResponsibilities
- Ensure repairs are completed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure preventative maintenance program is followed and all work is tracked
- Diagnoses mechanical problems.
- Troubleshoots problems with equipment and tools.
- Keep records regarding equipment repairs and rentals.
- Liaises with consultants, contractors, inspectors, suppliers, and other departments on maintenance and project work.
- Assists in general maintenance within and outside their trade qualifications.
- Compliance with GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Assists crew members in performing their duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Certified Millwright or 4th year apprentice
- 5th class engineer with Refrigeration certificate an asset
- Electrical experience an asset
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to work alone or as a team
- Welding considered an asset
- Reads and understands drawings, maps and plans.
- Able to work overtime if required
- Experience in food industry an asset
We offer competitive wages including a comprehensive medical, health & dental benefits package, bonus and RRSP contributions.
All qualified candidates are welcome to apply.
Donald’s Fine Foods