QR Code Link to This Post
What You’ll Need:
* BC Care Aide Registry Number (please include your valid BCA Registry Number in your resume)
* Able to understand and communicate in English verbally and in writing. Bonus: if you can speak Cantonese
* Able to work in the Vancouver area (City of Vancouver)
Greater Vancouver Community Services Society (GVCSS) is a non-profit society delivering care and services in the community to support the independence and well-being of the elderly, people with disabilities, and others who require support to retain or regain health and autonomy.
We are looking for qualified health care assistants/ care aides to fulfill casual opportunities in our Home Support program in the Vancouver area.
Who Are We and What Do We Offer?
* Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is one of BC’s oldest and largest accredited community care service providers
* GVCSS cares for 4,000 people each year
* A unionized work environment and compensation
* Continuous hands on training and skills upgrading
* Up-to-date mobile communication technology
* Flexible scheduling
* Independence while working in the community
Who You Are as an Health Care Assistant/ Care Aide:
Scope of Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Traveling to different clients’ homes as required to provide personal care and perform nursing tasks according to the clients’ care plans.
You’re Great At Being…
* Patient for handling challenging situations.
* Empathetic and caring for clients who are in vulnerable states, you take proper care of them and make them feel safe
* Honest so that you can communicate effectively with family members and health care providers of your clients.
* Adaptive to meet the ever changing needs of your clients by remaining flexible and open
Available Shifts: Please include your availability in your resume.
We are looking for casual workers for ALL AVAILABILITY (Sunday to Monday, all times). Tell us what your availability is and we will work with you.
APPLY NOW on our website at http://www.gvcss.bc.ca/jobapp.htm
Thank you for your interest in working with the Greater Vancouver Community Services Society. We look forward to hearing from you!