BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
$73,400.00 – $101,900.00 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the Market Pricing System through auctions of public timber. To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website.
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting the BA. The position is responsible for implementing business practices reflective of the private sector to provide benchmark information for provincial timber pricing.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University or college degree in accounting, business administration, public administration, or commerce, and three years (gained within the last five years) of directly related experience in a financial or accounting role.
- An equivalent education and experience such as a diploma in accounting, business administration, public administration, or commerce, or unrelated degree or diploma and five years (gained within the last seven) of experience related to financial or accounting role.
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial or administrative services, strategic business planning, and procurement.
- Experience in business planning, contract administration, budget management, risk management and internal financial controls.
- Experience in program administration including allocating resources, leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
For more information and to apply online by January 10, 2019, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56902
Attention: only applications submitted through the BC Public Service’s employment website (see link above) will be accepted.