BC Public Service
BC Public Service
Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this career building role!
Salary $51,845.18 – $58,873.38 annually
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) plans, develops, and sells through auction, a substantial and representative portion of the Province’s annual available timber volume. The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the Market Pricing System through auctions of public timber. To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website.
The Business Analyst is an accounting specialist for the Business Areas (BAs) who is responsible for providing financial and performance frameworks for business operations and for reporting on business plan results for a financially complex program with unique cost accounting requirement. The Business Analysts assesses operational alternatives, provides financial advice to support accounting and operational decisions and facilitates business improvement reviews to minimize costs and increase productivity.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, business or finance, equivalent to two years of a recognized professional program to meet position requirements.
- Minimum five years (gained within the last ten years) of directly related experience. Related experience means:
- The application of government finance and administration policies and processes, legislative acts and regulations, reporting, systems and controls including managing financial operations and managing financial policy.
- Developing and integrating business plans and operational budgets, conducting financial forecasts and analysis in support of budget evaluation processes.
- Preparing and analysing financial statements, transactions and reporting to provide accurate and timely financial management.
- Proficiency in developing and implementing tracking and monitoring systems; generating financial spreadsheets, working documents and reports.
- Analyzing trends, cost/benefit, and historic performance.
To learn more, including how to apply online by January 10, 2019 please visit: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56905