The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
Building Official 3
CUPE 825 (Inside)
# of Vacancies
April 22 – 28, 2019
The City of Port Moody is seeking a Building Official 3 to perform inspections, review plans, mentor and coach other inspectors, interpret code and standards, and provide technical knowledge and expertise during the building permit process.
The Building Official 3 will review, evaluate, and determine suitability of constructions projects for compliance with applicable legislation and expected levels of life safety for all alterations and new construction for all building types under Part 3 and Part 9 of the BC Building Code, including but not limited to condos, townhouses, industrial, high rises, and commercial mixed use buildings. This position will review building permit applications, perform inspections, and mentor Building Division staff with assigned inspections or projects.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Successful candidate must have own vehicle available for all shifts. Please submit
your online application @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Completion of a Trades certificate (recognized four year trades apprenticeship) or Building / Construction Technology diploma
- Level 1, 2, and 3 Building Certification as well as Level 1 and 2 Plumbing Certification with BOABC
- Minimum five years of experience as a Municipal Building Official
- Registered Building Official (RBO), Registered Architect with AIBC, or Professional Engineer with EGBC
- Experience with a variety of construction types such as wood frame, concrete and steel, structural steel frame, or masonry
- Knowledge of sprinkler, fire alarm, HVAC, and electrical systems
- Strong independent judgement and creative decision-making skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
British Columbia [BC]
Compensation – Hourly
$44.30 – $49.47
Compensation & Benefits Overview
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefit package as well as professional development opportunities.