QR Code Link to This Post
911 Restoration is looking for a Bookkeeper!
911 Restoration of Vancouver is a disaster restoration company with more than 30 years of experience, helping homeowners with restoration needs like: water damage repair, mold removal, fire damage restoration or construction services. We strive to provide the highest quality of work and the best customer service in the industry.
911 Restoration offers a long runway in terms of professional development and autonomy. Our bookkeeper is responsible for accounts payable and receivable transactions, creating financial reports, communicating with banking institution and accountant, and maintaining clients and vendors files. The creation of financial transactions includes posting information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, payments receipts, and supplier invoices. The bookkeeper also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy. This position includes issuing invoices for multiple clients.
– Use company system to account for financial transactions.
– Maintain accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
– Balance accounts by reconciling entries.
– Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
– Balance general ledger by and reconciling entries.
– Maintain job/client records by filing documents.
– Prepare financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
– Comply with provincial legal requirements by studying requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing reports, and advising management on needed actions.
– Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
– Pay any debt as it comes due for payment, always consulting with management beforehand.
– Issue invoices to multiple customers (private clients and insurance companies).
– Ensure that receivables are collected promptly by maintaining close communication via email and phone calls with clients and adjusters.
– Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statement.
– Record cash receipts and bank deposits.
– Conduct a monthly reconciliation on every bank account.
– Prepare and send a monthly commission report to our corporate office.
– Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy.
– Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
– Process payroll in a timely manner.
– Developing Standards
– Analyzing information
– Dealing with complexity
– Data Entry Skills
– Attention to Detail
– Excellent organizational skills.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Excellent orthography and email etiquette.
– Minimum 2 years of experience working with Quickbooks
– Minimum of 2 years of experience with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and financial reports.
– Experience in the restoration/construction industry is an asset.
– Hebrew is an asset.
– Spanish is an asset.
Salary is negotiable and will depend on experience.