QR Code Link to This Post
We are looking for motivated women who are committed to ending Male Violence Against Women.
Interested candidates who are willing and able to pitch in with mopping the floor, sitting with a woman through a pelvic exam, or stand with her as she advocates for herself with a police officer, sometimes all in the same day, are encouraged to apply. You will do a combination of work required to operate a 24-hour rape crisis centre and a shelter for battered women and their children.
We are a feminist organisation run by a collective. We aim to end violence against women and are active in the international women’s liberation movement. In addition to running a rape crisis centre and shelter we provide support, education and actions groups; recruit and train volunteers; fundraise and initiate public awareness and discussion about sexist violence. You will adapt quickly to this unique job situation that will require your best empathy skills, thinking and determination to be someone that makes a difference! You will be challenged and supported to think and act effectively for an end to male violence and help achieve women’s equality.
In the fight to end violence against women, we are looking for the following skills and abilities:
• Ability to think and speak independently and apply your knowledge effectively
• Project or event planning and promotion experience
• Ability to organize members of your community to campaigns in progress
• Peer counselling
• Budgeting and fundraising
• Ability to get informed about social services, community services, and current events
• You will have an informed opinion on key factors affecting women’s equality
• Willing to assist your co-workers (volunteer and paid) to do their best in our collective efforts to
stop male violence against women
Credentials will only be valued as much as work and life experience. We are especially interested in applications from Indigenous women, working class women, women of colour and lesbian women.
Apply by email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter. We thank those who send in resumes. Please be advised that we will only be able to contact those applicants we choose for short listing. Position will remain open until filled. RESUMES WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED •Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.