QR Code Link to This Post
A language school with a Designated Learning Institute number located in downtown Vancouver is looking for an Academic Coordinator. The ideal candidate should have both teaching and management experience in the ESL field with a positive attitude to both students and staff:
Education and Qualifications:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of a TESL Canada certificate or CELTA
• 5-10 years ESL teaching experience
• A clean police record
Major Responsibilities include:
• Setting up, organizing and leading the placement of new students to the school each Monday
• Providing teachers with their attendance forms, books and materials for successful classes
• Creating, checking and submitting teacher time-sheets
• Providing Individual learning plans for new students and being available for student counselling throughout their studies at the school
• Getting weekly exams organised for printing and send out speaking tests to students
• Opening the school and welcoming students and providing additional mini study sessions with the students as needed.
• Records scores in the database, creates monthly report cards and assigns report card comments for teachers to complete and checks the comments
• Hold a weekly meeting for the teachers each week to address any issues and to communicate about the week ahead.
• Promoting weekly clinics and activities
• Staffing and placement of qualified teachers throughout the year
• Conduct teacher observations and providing feedback to teachers.
• Prepare the list of graduating students and provide exiting students with exit surveys and collecting this data
• Calculating the teacher surveys that students do for their teachers every three months and providing teachers with the results.
• In the off seasons may be asked to take students for activities throughout the city
• Ensure students are following the attendance and English only policies and counselling of students in violation of these policies
• Facilitates communication between teachers and senior management
• Record and report to teachers any student complaints and find a solution to the problem
• Prepare the weekly graduation and try to find local activities for students to take part in on the weekends.
• Ensure Academic files are updated and kept confidential and combining the Academic files and registrations file to be scanned once students have graduated
In short the Academic Coordinator is responsible for the curriculum, teachers and students while studying in Vancouver.
Published at Wed, 16 May 2018 16:05:16 +0000