Advance Machines Ltd. is a Richmond, British Columbia based company that is in the business of manufacturing and supplying custom precision parts for aircraft, nautical tools & equipment, mining equipment, construction tools & equipment, welding equipment, custom tools, and custom metal fabrication services. The various industries that we serve are aerospace technology, mining, mechanical engineering, construction, pulp & paper, forestry, automotive, marine transportation, oil & gas and industrial manufacturing. For more information about our company, please visit our website at www.advance-machine.com
We are URGENTLY looking for two (2) highly experienced Manual Machinist. As a Manual Machinist, you must possess a high level of knowledge and experience in working with the operation of production and manufacturing equipment. The ideal candidate must be able to work with lathes and milling machinery with minimal supervision and work as a team member with other CNC Programmers/Machinists when completing large bulk orders or time-sensitive projects. You must have excellent verbal and written English skills when communicating with team members and customers. In addition, your other responsibilities are:
• Review complex blueprints and/or job orders for product specification such as dimensions and specifications;
• Monitor quality by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting machine processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls while adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes;
• Complete paperwork to maintain records and department standards;
• Review and interpret tooling instructions such as fixtures, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cut and determine a sequence of operations;
• Sharpen multiple-point tools as needed;
• Compute dimensions, plan layout and determine method and sequence of operations during the manufacturing process;
• Be responsible for achieving the desired quality level of the manufacturing of custom precision parts and assist other shop staff to achieve the highest degree of labour efficiency.
• Completion of a two – three-year college program, BCIT foundation training or equivalent in industrial engineering technology, manufacturing technology or in a related discipline;
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience as a Manual Machinist;
• Minimum of 2 – 3 years of experience interpreting and analyzing CAD and CAM drawings
• Must have a strong level of knowledge and experience using Lathes and Milling machinery;
• Knowledge of CNC Machining and Programming are an asset;
• Fluency in verbal and written English;
• Ability to perform tasks/assignments with minimal supervision;
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more;
• Be fit and in good health.
Salary, hours of work and location:
$28 per hour, 5 days per week, Richmond- Steveston and Delta, BC locations.
After successful completion of a 3- month probationary period, you will be entitled to standard medical & dental benefits.
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to the attention of:
Advance Machines Ltd.
#24-12491 No. 2 Road
Richmond, BC V7E 2G3
**Please quote Job Reference Number: “MM0001”
Due to the volume of applications, we will only select applicants who meet all the requirements mentioned in this job posting. At this time, we ONLY seek local candidates residing in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia due to an urgent need to fill this position. We thank all applicants who applied.